Pat Flynn is one of the best internet marketers on the planet. He converted a basic blog into passive income after getting fired from his day job. He started the Smart Passive Income empire with a phenomenal podcast, blog, online videos; launches niche website for fun, and has a best selling book. Unlike many internet entrepreneurs, he doesn’t just teach you about how to make money online, he shows you his monthly income — last month he made $58,412.33 online. He doesn’t sleep — this guy is a machine.
I talked to him via Skype from his home office in sunny San Diego, CA, about how get got started and where he’s going.
Be sure to get a pen and a pad, his story is jam-packed with ideas and tips to grow your business.
Interview with Pat Flynn
Sponsored by: Hanley’s Foods — Louisiana-inspired, natural, fresh foods.
- Audio-Technica ATR2100USB (microphone mention, Pat’s affiliate link)
- Where did you grow up? (3:30)
- “Meet as many people as you can, it’s the connections you make that make you more successful.”
- Climbing the corporate ladder, life is going good (7:00)
- Got fired (7:20)
- “Working for someone is like you’re a chess piece in someone else’s game. You need to create the game yourself.”
- Preparing for the LEED exam (9:25)
- Internet Business Mastery (podcast reference)
- Smart Passive Income Podcast (Pat’s podcast)
- Online business growing legs (17:00)
- Pat’s Monthly Income Reports (webpage mention)
- What was the transition to work on your online business full time? (21:30)
- “The business is 95% automated.”
- “Don’t forget what it is you are working for.”
- What does your schedule look like? (27:25)
- Crunch time (31:25)
- “I typically sleep about 6 hours a day.”
- Tim Ferriss — Relax Like A Pro: 5 Steps to Hacking Your Sleep (website mention)
- GreenExamAcademy.com (website mention)
- What’s next for the Smart Passive Income empire? (35:35)
- Niche Site Dual 2.0 (webpage mention)
- What’s your formula for taking on a big project? (38:00)
- “If fear is involved, it’s something I feel is worth doing.”
- “Discover what you want to do, find the people who are good at it and learn from them.”
- What do you like to do outside the office? (43:45)
- “It’s all about the kids right now.”
- What’s a book, a song, and a quote that you love? (46:51)
- What’s next and where can people find you? (50:19)
- PatFlynn.me/LetGo (his best selling book on Amazon)
Play the interview
The DOcast is a podcast of interviews from amazing entrepreneurs who are doing the unthinkable. With topics on how they got started, where they’re going, and how you can learn from them.
[powerpress] Subscribe at:
– iTunes (please support the show by leaving a 5 star review)
– Stitcher Radio
– The blog (in-which you’ll get more)
DO it big.