If you where to look up the definition of lifestyle design, you would see the name Dan Andrews, along with “yeah buddy”. Like many of us in the beginning, he use to work 60+ unfulfilling hours for someone else. Now, he has built an multi-million dollar business while traveling to exotic locations all over the world. He’s the host of the Lifestyle Business Podcast (inspired me to start my own business), Tropical Talk Radio (a conversation on business/travel hacking), started Tropical MBA — a Lifestyle Entrepreneur incubator/house to live in and grow your company — and he makes modern cat furniture.
I had the pleasure to have him on the line, from his tropical paradise in southern Vietnam, to talk about his journey and how he started this lifestyle empire.
Be sure to get a pen and a pad, his story is jam-packed with ideas and tips to grow your business.
Interview with Dan Andrews
Sponsored by: Hanley’s Foods — Louisiana-inspired, natural, fresh foods.
- Why in Vietnam (03:15)
- Where did you grow up? (03:30)
- What books inspired you when starting out? (04:50)
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss (book reference)
- What was your first entrepreneur project? (06:35)
- Intrepreneur: Working for small business entrepreneurs and make their company better.
- “If you want to become an entrepreneur, go work for an entrepreneur who has less than 15 employees.”
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber (book reference)
- Work on your business, not in it. (10:25)
- Sam Carpenter’s — Work the System (website mention)
- “Write the software code of your business”
- How did you get into the cat furniture business? (12:50)
- Living a life VS having a life. How can one get more of a life? (16:55)
- “Be confident to what it is that you love about your life.”
- Being obsessed in your industry. (18:15)
- How to be a location-independent entrepreneur? (20:00)
- Dave Ramsey (website mention)
- 1,000 Day Principle (upcoming book)
- Pat Flynn (website mention)
- What is the 1,000 Day Principle? (22:53)
- “Get started yesterday”
- What’s the biggest mistake you see new startups making? (25:18)
- When is it a good time to hire someone? (27:00)
- What do you like to do for fun? (28:00)
- “My goal is to help other people join the party”
- What is Tropical MBA? (31:25)
- The Dynamite Circle (website mention)
Play the interview
The DOcast is a series of interviews from amazing entrepreneurs who are doing the unthinkable. With topics on how they got started, where they’re going, and how you can learn from them.
[powerpress] Subscribe at:
– iTunes (please leave a 5 star review)
– Stitcher Radio
– The blog (in-which you’ll get more)
DO it big.